Wednesday 9 November 2016

Still Waiting

So as we wait and wait some more I have found something new to distract myself with.  I have spent so much time googling infertility and egg quality.  Apparently acupuncture is the way to go.  So after googling and researching places I found Acubalance Wellness Clinic.  I also found that surprise they are completely endorsed and a little associated with Olive.  Why didn't anyone suggest this????!!!!

So today I had my first acupuncture appointment.  It is about 5 minutes from Olive.  I have never been bothered by needles, and obviously if I was I couldn't be at this point.  My acupuncturist is great.  I had to fill out a 9 page questionnaire of my medical/fertility history prior to our appointment so we just went over what I had answered.  Then we did my first treatment.  It is the most relaxing experience.  It is like going to the spa, but way less expensive.

You begin by laying down on a heated bed with heated lamps above you.  Then your amazing acupuncturist puts pins in you and turns down the lights.  You get a lovely scented eye pillow and then there is a very relaxing soundtrack playing in the background.  I don't even remember drifting off and then an hour later Brownwyn came back and woke me up.  I will be going two days a week until my transfer date and then once a week for the first trimester.

At this point it cannot help the egg health of the already ready embryos, but it can help with implementation and the pregnancy resulting in a live birth.  We also discussed my slight depression and I was given a few exercises to do.  Here is hoping that things look up.

No comments:

Post a Comment